Sunday, May 17, 2020

Family Background And History Family - 802 Words

Family background and history (F): As I have mentioned previously, I grew up in a divorced family from a very young age. I lived with my mom, sister and grandma for about four years until my mom remarried and moved across the country. My sister and I then moved in with my dad for about six years until I left for college. I have moved a lot in my life and it has resulted in me feeling like I really do not have a home at all, just a series of houses that I’ve lived in for a few years at a time. I think I’m very aware of all the different types of family combinations that there are today, although I could do a better job of educating myself about what kinds of struggles and positive experiences each type of family style has. I do have a prejudice towards a certain family type. This is because I have some resentment towards happily married couple with two or three kids who have lived in the same house together their entire lives. I should know better than this though, just because they seem to be perfect on the outside does not mean that they’re really a big happy family all the time. Unique Physical Characteristics (U): I have to admit to submitting myself to the impossible standards of beauty that our society holds us to. I have always had extremely low self-esteem because I am highly uncomfortable with my weight and my complexion. I really need to start developing a healthier respect for myself. It would be extremely hypocritical of me if I’m working with clients who areShow MoreRelatedFamily Background And History That May Affect Planning And Service Provision For This Family867 Words   |  4 PagesFAMILY UPDATE Family Background Describe relevant family background and history that may affect planning and service provision for this family. Ms. Goodall was adoptive as a child. She reports that she knows some of her family on her biological side of the family, but not communicates with them on regular bases. However, Ms. Goodall seems to not get along with her adoptive parents. She still resides in the home even though there is an order protection against her adoptive father, Mr. GoodallRead MoreFamily Health History Is A Powerful Tool For Screening Patients915 Words   |  4 PagesFamily health history is a powerful tool for screening patients. Family nurses tracing the illnesses suffered by a patient’s family members can help predict the disorders patients and their families may be at risk for, and take appropriate action to help them maintain a healthy life. In this report I will complete a Genetic/Genomic Nursing Assessment on my friend and her family. I will discuss three generations of family members, identify health issues, and genetic traits. This report will containRead MoreMixed Race History : The Col or of Water1405 Words   |  6 Pagesdifferent was her families quick acceptance of her future husband Julio Peralta. Based on history and individuals discussed throughout the course and Julio’s different background, I expected more opposition from her family. As we have seen throughout the course, acceptance of a spouse with a different look or complexion has not always been so easily accepted by families. For instance, we can again refer back to the case of Rachel in The Color of Water who was shunned by her family and even forgottenRead MoreElizabeth, By Elizabeth Hebel1123 Words   |  5 Pagesalso born in Poland. Although Elizabeth family is majority filled with Polish descent, there are additional cultural roots stemming from Russia, Portugal, and Italy. Through this interview, it is concluded Elizabeth’s family background does not differentiate vastly from the current traditional American family. The traditions, values, and celebrations of Elizabeth’s f amily is nearly homologous to many American born families. All-inclusive, the family background of the interviewee Elizabeth is filledRead More Historical Perspective in the Essays of Susan Griffin, Richard Rodriguez, and Ralph Ellison1570 Words   |  7 PagesPerspective in the Essays of Susan Griffin, Richard Rodriguez, and Ralph Ellison (Our Secret, Extravagance of Laughter, The Achievement of Desire) Susan Griffin’s â€Å"Our Secret† is an essay in which she carefully constructs and describes history, particularly World War II, through the lives of several different people. Taken from her book A Chorus of Stones, her concepts may at first be difficult to grasp; however David Bartholomae and Anthony Petrosky say that, â€Å"Griffin writes about theRead MoreThe Family Of A Person1182 Words   |  5 Pagestheir own family origin, and that’s what defines them. The family roots, name, and history are the main reasons for being. It is one of the most important information about a person. The family can help people to conclude what the type of person they are just by knowing their family background. In fact, genetics can also elaborate how families are a big part of every person. The way the person looks, their health, personality and many other are the genetics that people get from their families. The familyRead MoreThe Theory Of Self Efficacy1645 Words   |  7 Pageshave a high number low income families and minority students. This article suggest that teachers need to have more background information about the climate and the history of the population that they are educating. It is suggested that one of the reason that there is such a high turnover in these areas is due to the fact that the teachers are not trained or familiar with this climate and offend time these are young and inexperienced teachers from middle class backgrounds. According to the research theRead MoreMy Best Friend B. Jr.852 Words   |  4 Pages Genogram When selecting a family for this project, I looked for a family that had a large complexity in within each generation. I decided to interview my best friend B. Gibson Jr. A little history about Mr. Gibson. Mr. Gibson is a junior to his father. He is 43 years of age. Is in his second marriage for 15 years with to P. S. Gibson. They have 4 children, a set of twin’s boys that are 15 and two girls ages 13 and 12. B. G. Jr., is a retired military veteran of 15 years with a degreeRead MoreHeritage Assessments Are Used To Appraise The Patient’S1003 Words   |  5 Pagesimportant correspondence that could in turn negatively affect the patient s outcome (Wintz, 2009). It is important that an individual s family and culture be taken into consideration when focusing on their health and well-being. Personalized health care plans are outlined in a cultural and situational fashion. These experiences, along with their health history and individual diagnoses are what make a difference in nurses being culturally competent. Practitioners and other health care professionalsRead MoreWhat Nursing Intervention Strategies The Family1237 Words   |  5 PagesObtaining a family history can link together past medical problems and can also reveal future problems that may need to be addressed. Identifying a problem before it occurs allows time for changes to be made and gives patients a better understanding of preventative care. In this paper, I am going to identify and three generation pedigree of my family, and provide a brief health history as well as a complete reproductive history of each family member. Next I will describe the ethnic background for each

No comments:

Post a Comment